Expanded coverage for women's preventive services
The United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) requires health plans to cover women's preventive services and certain drugs.
These services include, but are not limited to:
- Well woman visits
- Screening for gestational diabetes for all pregnant women
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) DNA testing for all women 30 years and older
- Annual sexually transmitted infection counseling for all sexually active women
- Annual counseling and screening for human immunodefiency virus (HIV) for all sexually active women
- Breastfeeding support, supplies/equipment and counseling
- Domestic violence screening and counseling
In addition, our health education and wellness division offers lactation classes to educate patients on breastfeeding. To register, patients can call 702-877-5356 in Southern Nevada or 775-824-9704 in Northern Nevada.
For your convenience, here’s a quick summary of applicable codes for plans that have women’s preventive care benefits. To learn more about services to be covered under this provision, visit HealthCare.gov.